Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
One of the biggest examples of Shaytaans deception is on the day of Eid. We try our utmost best during the whole month of Ramadan yet after all that worship, all that hunger and namaz, our duas and worship on the odd nights and the 27th night, we wash away our good deeds with the wave of sins committed on the day of joy – the day of Eid.
This day of Eid is our test from Allah. We should remain fearful and scared of Allah on this day more than any other. Remember, that if we stay strong and refrain from sins, then perhaps others too will see the light. Invite towards good and stop people from evil!
Eid is and should be a day of happiness and joy, but our happiness and celebrations should lie within the boundaries of Shariah. Give in charity especially the Fitranah before the Eid prayer, and remember those less fortunate than us in your prayers. There are so many Muslims in the world who are suffering and don’t even have enough food in Ramadan let alone for Eid!
Sunnats of Eid ul Fitr
· To awaken earlier than usual
· To brush the teeth with miswaak
· To have a bath (ghusl)
· To be well dressed in an Islamic manner
· To dress in ones best clothes (not necessarily new)
· To use itr
· To perform Eid salah at the place of prayer
· To eat an odd number of dates or anything sweet before Eid salah
· To go to the place of salah early
· To walk to the place of Eid salah (if within distance)
· To read the takbeerat silently and frequently on the way to Eid salah
· To use different routes to and from the Eid salah
· To say Eid Mubarak is permissible but shouldn’t be done as a strict ritual