"And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers."
(Al-Quran 51:55)

Thursday 6 March 2014

Make Every Day a New Beginning

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Staying away from Allah, the Exalted, only brings bitter fruit. The gifts of intelligence, strength, beauty and knowledge will all turn to calamity and loss if they are kept away from the guidance of Allah, the Exalted, and deprived of His blessings.

It is for this reason that Allah has warned people of the consequences of staying away from Him.

If you are walking down the street and a car comes towards you at high speed and you feel it will hit you and kill you, you have no choice but to act quickly and try to get away.

Allah wants to warn His slaves that they face a similar kind of destruction if they turn away from Him, so He urges them to seek safety with Him alone:

51:50
51:51

So flee to Allah. Indeed, I am to you from Him a clear warner.
And do not make (as equal) with Allah another deity. I am to you from Him a clear warner.
(Surah Adh-Dhariyat, Verses 50 and 51)

Turning to Allah requires a person to:
1. Renew herself
2. Reorganize her life
3. Develop a better relationship with her Lord
4. Do better deeds

It is the start of a new covenant and way of life that is summed up in the following dua:


O Allah, you are my Lord and there is no god but You. You created me and I am your slave. And I am trying my best to keep my oath (of faith) to You and to live in the hope of Your promise.
I seek refuge in You from my greatest evil deeds. I acknowledge Your blessings upon me and I acknowledge my sins. 
So forgive me, for none but You can forgive sins.

Allah says: "I am as My servant thinks I am".

Wasalaam!

No comments:

Post a Comment