"And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers."
(Al-Quran 51:55)

Thursday 11 July 2013

Three Ahadith (2)

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

(1) Hazrat Jabir bin Abdullah (ra) has related: "Once, we were with the Prophet (saw) in a jihad, when he said: "There are some people still in Madinah who are with you in spirit wherever you march and whatever valley you traverse. It is only their indisposition that has kept them from being with you in person". According to another version, he (saw) said: "They are your partners in recompense".
(Muslim)

(2) Hazrat Ma'an bin Yazid ibn Akhnas (ra) grandson, father and grandfather respectively are the Companions of the Holy Prophet (saw). Hazrat Ma'an (ra) says: "My father set aside some dinars for charity and gave them to a person in the mosque. I went to that person and took back the money from him and brought the same to my father, who said: "I did not want to give these dinars to you". So, we went to the Holy Prophet (saw), and submitted the matter to him (saw). He (saw) said to my father: "Yazid, you have earned due reward for your intentions", and to me, he (saw) said: "Ma'an, you are entitled to what you have taken".
(Bukhari)

(3) Hazrat Sa'ad ibn abi Waqqas (ra), who is one of the ten who had been given the advance glad tidings of admission into Paradise, has said, "Once I was lying seriously ill and the Holy Prophet (saw) came to see me. This happened in the year when the Holy Prophet (saw) performed the Farewell Pilgrimage. I said to him: "Messenger of Allah (saw), you see my condition. I have considerable money and property and my sole heir is my daughter. Can I then give away two thirds of my assets in charity?" He said: "No". I then submitted: "One half, O Messenger of Allah (saw)? Again, he said, "No". I again submitted, "Well, then one third, O Messenger of Allah (saw)?" On which he said: "One third is sufficient, and one third is more than enough. It is better to leave your children better off than in poverty, forced to beg for their sustenance. Whatever you spend for the sake of Allah, even for a morsel of food that you put in the mouth of your wife, Allah will reward you."
 Then, I said: "Messenger of Allah (saw), I will be left behind when my companions depart". He said: "You will certainly not be left behind. Whatever you do seeking the pleasure of Allah, will raise your position in the society. I am sanguine that you will live long enough for the good of the Muslims and for punishing non-believers".
 Then he prayed to Allah, "O Allah, make the emigration of my companions complete and successful, and they may not retract". But the one to be pitied was Sa'ad ibn Khaulah (ra) who was left behind and died in Makkah, and the Messenger of Allah (saw) invoked mercy and compassion of Allah for him.
(Bukhari and Muslim)

Wasalaam!

No comments:

Post a Comment