"And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers."
(Al-Quran 51:55)

Monday 11 November 2013

Hazrat Aisha (ra) and the Fear of Allah

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Who does not know about the love that the Prophet Muhammad (saw) had for his dear wife Hazrat Aisha (ra)? It is said that when he was asked whom he loved most, he replied, "Aisha".

She was so well versed in Islamic jurisprudence that many eminent Sahabah would go to her for solving their problems in this field.

The Angel Jibraeel (as) used to greet her with Assalamu alaikum. The Prophet (saw) once told her that she would be his wife in Paradise. When she was slandered by the Hypocrites, Allah exonerated her from the slander and confirmed her innocence by revealing verses in the Quran.

According to Hazrat Ibn Sa'd (ra), Hazrat Aisha (ra) once enumerated as many as ten special virtues that Allah had given her over the other wives of the Prophet (saw). 

In spite of all these privileges and virtues, she feared Allah so much that she was often heard saying:

"I wish I was a tree, so that I could always be busy in Allah's tasbeeh and be absolved of reckoning on the Day of Judgement."

"I wish I had been a stone or a clod of earth".

"I wish I had been the leaf of a tree or a blade of grass".

"I wish I had not been born at all."

The awe and fear of Allah was the guiding factor in the lives of the Sahabah and Sahabiyah, and it should be the same for us as well.

Wasalaam!

No comments:

Post a Comment